Thursday, October 29, 2009

Marching Band

Shelby has had the opportunity to be in the Thomas County Middle School Marching Band this year. The band is made up of the 7th and 8th grade students. They played at all of the 8th grade home football games, and at the 8th grade championship game last Saturday (we won)! She has enjoyed being with her friends and having fun. I am glad she enjoys band--I think it's a great program with nothing but positive benefits!

playing in the stands


The middle school band also got to open this year's Band Jamboree which was exciting for them! All of the other bands that performed were high school bands from around the area, and the Valdosta State University (VSU) Band.



Shelby is the second one back on the 50-yard line.


the middle school band

2 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

It's cool the middle school gets to march- we never did and tell Shelby that I played the saxophone too. :)

Laine said...

sooo fun Jenn! I'm so glad you updated.