I was getting out of the shower this morning when Emily came in wearing one of Abby's shirts. Abby is not one to share her things easily, so I asked Emily, "Did Abby say you could wear her shirt?"
To which she replied, "She said I could as long as I don't tell on her."
So, of course my mom antennae went right up and I ask, "Tell on her for what?"
And she bows her head, and peeks at me, and says, "If I tell you, I can't wear the shirt."
"Was it a mean thing she did to you?"
"No...she said it was an 'accident.'"
"Oh...okay, " I told her (trying to hold my tongue)..."Enjoy wearing the shirt."
This NEVER would have worked for me as a child. I had two younger brothers, and they never seemed especially fond of any of my shirts. That and the fact that they were little brothers who couldn't wait to narc on me for anything! :)
TOGETHER... We make a FAMILY...
7 years ago



5 comments:
This is funny and hey- why worry! Must be a good shirt.... :)
Ha! Ha! Ha! What a great story! Kids are so funny!!!
That's great Jenn!!! What a good sister. Now time to figure out what Abby has done...
Hilarious!!! That never would have worked for me either as a kid--Justin was way too eager to get me in trouble any time he could. It doesn't work so well for Erin, either!
That is cute! My girls have "deals" going on all the time. I stay out of it until someone breaks their end of the deal!
Post a Comment