Friday, June 5, 2009

Mother's Weekend

This year Mother's DAY turned into Mother's WEEKEND:

Friday: Since my mom (and dad) would be leaving for Naples on Saturday, we got together on Friday night for a pizza picnic in the park. The food was delicious--can't go wrong with pizza, I think--and we all had a good time together. I gave mom a certificate for a pedicure--she's only had one in her life so far!--which we enjoyed together the next week. I am so thankful that my mom is my best friend (aside from Trav, of course)! I only hope that my girls and I will have this kind of relationship when they are grown up!




Saturday: After a morning women's conference over in Tifton (where we were honored to hear from Sister Julie B. Beck--General Relief Society President--and Sister Mary N. Cook--First Counselor of the General Young Women's Presidency) Travis and the girls took me out for dinner over in Valdosta. Then we came home and watched a movie in our pj's and Emily couldn't wait to give me her gift. That prompted Abby and Shelby to give me their gifts as well. I am so blessed to have such wonderful children!



Sunday: The "real" Mother's Day...Travis had to leave to fly to Phoenix for the week, so we had only a short time together after church. They did make me lunch, and I was able to slip in a nap (my favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon). A great weekend with people I love dearly!

my beautiful girls


my fantastic husband and fabulous father to my girls

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful Mom to my 3 oldest granddaughters! I am so happy for them. Of course, they won't really understand all you do until they are older and can look back with a different perspective. It will come!
Love, Mom

Laine said...

I love the pictures of you with your girls.....time is flying by......