Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy (VERY belated) Birthday to Me!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've blogged anything. Life has been busy with other things, and I guess I've lacked the motivation to make time for this. But...my birthday this year was the day after all the madness of Tropical Storm Fay--Sunday, August 24th. Were it not for my awesome husband, spectacular parents, and super kids, it would have been a total wash out (pun intended). But they all rallied, and I had a great day! I even got a nap in while Trav was gone helping check on ward members after the storm--any day that includes a nap is a good day!

Here are some highlights:

a DELICIOUS dinner made by mom and dad

BBQ ribs, steak, twice baked potatoes, homemade bread, and broccoli salad--YUM!!!


after dinner performances by the girls

they always give the birthday person the "gift" of a show

even mom and dad gave me a performance--too bad I didn't have my video camera! :)

After opening gifts, mom pulled out the photo album and video of my actual "birth day" that she had brought over. It was so neat to see the pictures and video all together and to see the girls reactions to them.

Here's my mom a couple of months before I was born trying to fit into my dad's pants.

(Uh...isn't that what got you in this situation? Ha! Ha!)

My mom and me shortly after my big arrival.

My dad and me at home.


After the performances, gifts, and stroll down memory lane, it was time for the good stuff--my dad's WONDERFUL chocolate mousse cake. It was DELICIOUS!!!


Thanks family for making my birthday this year such a great one!

I love you all!!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I LOVED seeing the pictures of when you were born - your parents haven't changed a bit! I am glad you had a fun day and I hope you are feeling better! Oh - I STILL have that card -

Laine said...

Awww, LOVE THIS POST! LOVE YOU! :) What great pictures, ALL OF THEM. Especially the one of you pretending to stick your tongue on the cake. !!! What fun!

Stef said...

well happy late birthday! I love all the pictures and bummer no video I'm sure there were some good laughs. Glad you had a goor birthday and I agree a day with a nap is a good day!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Jenn,
Happy Belated Birthday!!!Sure looks like your folks know how to party. Love it!!!! And that cake looks like it is to die for. Death by chocolate...sounds good to me. What a way to go...

I sure hope you are feeling better. I was really sad to hear that your illness has been lingering. I guess I was really lucky (another blessing!) that my cold cleared up in about 3.5 days. I guess I was just too busy to be sick. Hope you're on the mend!! What can I do for you????

Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blog. I appreciate you, your friendship, the support you have provided, the help, and the love!!

We love you guys too!!! You and your family are counted among our greatest blessings!!!
Love,
Linda