This morning, we had our ward Pioneer Day celebration. We started with pancakes made by the Bishopric, and bacon, sausage, grits, and juice. After breakfast, there was a bike parade for the kids around the parking lot followed by some Pioneer-style games. It was such a fun morning!!!
Emily, Abby, and Frankie ready for the sack race
This was the funnest (is that a word?) pioneer game! We ended up staying long after most everyone else left just to keep playing. Even Travis and I played--along with a few other brave adults. We sure have some awesome kids in our ward!!!
It was such a simple game---you only need a handkerchief or bandanna. One person is "it" and goes around the outside of the circle with the bandanna. At some point they drop it behind one of the people in the circle. The thing is, you have to keep facing forward so you don't know if they have dropped it behind you or not. Once you discover it is behind you, you have to chase the person around the circle--kind of like duck, duck, goose. If you catch them, they are it again, and if not, then you become it. I don't know how well I am explaining this because reading back over it, it doesn't sound very exciting, but it really was!



3 comments:
when you blog- you blog- so many pictures waiting in store- wow- I still need to take some- after the next few weeks I should have alot.
Sorry we missed this game--it actually did sound fun! :-) Pioneer Day was definitely a success!
We got rained on at our pioneer day celebration on Sat night. Caz and Nicole did sack races too...but I didn't bring my camera! Looks like good fun.
Post a Comment