I am finally getting the time to post the pictures of our great, yet tiring, planting Saturday that we had a few weeks ago. The first few pictures are from Friday evening after we placed the plants around the house. Travis was so cute--he had the tape measure out and was making sure that they were all spaced evenly and were the same distance from the house. Of course, once we were actually digging the holes, I don't think they were as precise as he had them, but they still look great!



Early Saturday morning... it sure was a hot one that day! I think that in the future if we want to do some planting, we'll do it in October or November! We started early--7:30--and ended late that night--about 6:30. We took frequent (but short) water breaks to help with the heat. A few hours into our planting, we had some friends from the ward show up to help us plant. I really don't think we would've finished without their help--Pete is a world class "hole-digger"!
Abby showing that she wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty! The girls were such troopers that day. They had fun with the hose, and were all filthy once we went in. I wouldn't let them in the house with those wet, muddy clothes on, so they all stripped down in the garage before we carried them into the shower. They thought it was so funny. I am still trying to get all of the dirt up off the floors from all of the in and out we've been doing lately!
About midday--hot, tired, and with a backache.
The front all planted!
I need to get out and take more pictures. Since that Saturday, we've been out there nearly every day--weeding, getting the irrigation in, raking, more weeding, putting down this terrific metal edging, laying the pine straw, and more weeding--dang those weeds pop up fast! I think we're finally done with the heavy labor part. Now comes the upkeep (more weeding, watering, and fertilizing) and waiting for everything to grow strong and healthy. We are just so THRILLED to finally have a yard we want to be in!



3 comments:
Wow Jenn, what an amazing, gorgeous home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an beautiful house!! The plants look great...all the hard work was well worth it!!
Beautiful yard and home! The hard work will definitely pay off as those little bushes flourish. It'll be wonderful when your gardenias get bigger and start to bloom...shouldn't be that long in our weather! :-)
Post a Comment