Saturday, December 6, 2008

Shelby's Big Night

Shelby with Mr. Strickland, her science teacher, and her second place ribbon


Last Thursday night was a big one for Shelby. She had entered the science fair as a requirement for her science class, and that night was the judging and results. We were so surprised and excited to learn that Shelby won 2nd place in the physics section! There were entrants from 6th, 7th, and 8th grades, so this was a pretty big deal for her! Now she gets to go to ABAC in Tifton for the district competition!

Right after the science fair awards was the 6th grade band Christmas concert. They did really well, and all looked so cute in their Santa hats! I got most of the video with my camcorder, but I did get this song with my video camera (the only one I know how to upload here). Enjoy!


3 comments:

Sally said...

Way to go Shelby! We are so proud of you and loved the song we heard from the concert. Can't wait to hear all of it. Love, Grandma

Stef said...

congrats and way to go shelby!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Go Shelby! Awesome!!