Monday, March 24, 2008

Kid Funnies

Just taking a break from laundry and cleaning to post a few funny things I heard from the girls this past week:

Shelby:
We were at Chick-fil-a one night for dinner. She was getting ready to put something into her mouth that had been touching the plastic tray, and I said, "Stop! Don't eat that--it's been touching the tray." She popped it into her mouth and said, "It's okay mom. They stabilize the trays before they give them to you." We had a good laugh when I explained to her the meaning of "stabilize" versus the meaning of "sterilize".

Abby:
I overheard her say to Emily the other day, "Should I wear my bra with this shirt or not?"
(When the girls hit third grade, I buy them the little "sports bra"-type things just to get them in the habit and also because some shirts are just so thin. But to hear her ask it like that just cracked me up!)

Emily:
She's by far the craziest--you never know what will pop out of her mouth! Well, last week she got in the car after school and told me about a girl in her class that was "up in my business."
I have heard that expression before, but certainly didn't think my 6 year old knew it! I just busted out laughing, and then Emily started to cry because she thought I was making fun of her. Crazy girl, but still so sensitive! :)

2 comments:

Laine said...

Very cute!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Those are darling...I loved those kid funnies, they made life very fun. I guess now I just need to make sure I listen closely to the grandkids. :-)