Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Catch Up!

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted! I guess we've been a bit busy here lately! I am home battling a bad cold/chest thing now, so I got really bored of sitting on the couch and thought that sitting at my computer wouldn't take too much more energy, right?

Thanks to my dear new friend, Heather, for taking the girls most of the day for me! She and her family moved here six months ago from Idaho, and I am so happy and blessed to know them! We were supposed to go to the park together this morning, but when I called to cancel, she insisted on coming to get the girls anyway. Her 4 + my 3 = a brave woman! She even dropped Shelby off at softball practice and took Abby and Emily back to her house to play for a bit. What great friends I have here!

Last week was a bit crazy... Abby was sick (again)--poor thing had a virus and also had another recurrence of her wheezing. I am hoping that it is just her body acclimating to this new area--the doctor says that if she continues with these flare-ups, she will need to be put on some sort of long-term preventative medication. I am hoping that it won't get that far! So...she was home from school for three days. Then Emily had her big Olympic Day at school (more on that in another post...) My Aunt Petey and Uncle Buz came for a visit--their first time here!--on their way to Clemson to visit my cousin Brett. It was so good to see them and to have them see where we call home now! So, of course, I wanted the house spic-and-span and that took a lot of time (especially with a sick one at home). But it felt good to get it done. I LOVE relaxing at night knowing that the house is clean! :) And Shelby has had softball games and practice in the evenings--we're still waiting for that first win, but I'm sure they'll get it soon. They are definitely the youngest team and I have seen some real improvement lately! Go Blue!

So, that's a little of what has kept me from the computer..hopefully I'll get a few more posts in today before I crawl back to the couch! :o)

1 comments:

Laine said...

I hope you feel better soon Jenn.