Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sundays

I love Sundays...especially Sundays where the girls don't have school on Monday. They are out of school tomorrow for a teacher work day, and I love it! I'm not scrambling around after a nice relaxing Sunday worrying about clothes, lunches, backpacks or any of that stuff.

I actually got to scrapbook a few pages today and now Travis and the girls are in watching the end of Extreme Home Makeover. This week Miley Cyrus (aka Hannah Montana) is on, so the girls were very excited to be able to stay up and watch that with dad.

Over the last few years, I have truly come to appreciate the Sabbath and what a gift it truly is. The only commitment I have that day is to my family--no parties, sports, cleaning, playdates, or any of that other running around that seems to take up every moment of every other day. We have "hodge podge" meals--whatever anyone wants that doesn't take a lot of time. I don't think I'll ever get into this "Southern tradition" of big Sunday dinners. For me, Sunday is a time where I shouldn't have to do a lot of work! And cooking and doing dishes is most definitely work!

Well everyone, enjoy your Sunday night! (And don't call us early in the morning...the girls and I will be sleeping in! :) )

1 comments:

Laine said...

I hear ya! The Sabbath is my favorite day. :) Have a fun day off tomorrow!