Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thoughts...

I have been horrible this past week at updating the blog. Life has just been busy. I worked a few days last week for my lawyer "cousin" and then substituted at school as well. The subbing thing is going pretty well. For the most part, the kids are good kids. Talkative, but good. I still come home exhausted, though. When I do sub or volunteer, I am up at 5:15 to get myself ready so that I can help the girls get up and ready at 6:15. We leave the house by 7, so that I can drop the girls off at their schools and be to the school I am subbing at by 7:30. That's the hardest part about having them at three different schools--drop off and pick up is crazy! But I have seen such benefits as well. They all feel like they have their "own" school and enjoy telling their sisters about what is happening at "their" school. So, as with most anything, there are trade offs.


Travis was out of town last week to a branch manager's meeting in Phoenix. We all miss him so much when he is gone. I take extra precautions when he's gone, and I know the girls are more nervous when he's not here. We're glad he got back safe and sound! While he was gone, the girls and I laid low. It rained all day Thursday and Friday--Friday it got bad for a while--so it was the perfect time to stay inside and just relax! We rented a few movies on Friday and just had a fun girls night on the couch. (Mom did fall asleep at the end of Daddy Day Camp, though.)

Saturday Shelby worked on her language arts project and had everything scattered all around the family room--as you can see. She did a great job, and while I was busy helping her, Abby and Emily were busy reading, coloring, and playing My Little Ponies. (Sorry to say, I forgot to get pictures of that!) I am so happy that they are all getting along a little better these days! That makes my heart happy.
As for all the rain we got, it was desperately needed...not just for the ground, but also for me. I know that most all of you who read this blog know the struggle we have had these past (almost) two years trying to get our house in Florida sold. We fasted and prayed before making the decision to come here, and everything just felt right. Everything has worked out so well for us with the exception of this one (rather large) thing. We have fasted and prayed for our home to sell so much that I am sure the Lord is tired of hearing about it, but we keep on. Well, as all of the rain was falling and rivers were forming in our lawn, I remembered about our entire Stake (all of the church members in Southwest GA) praying and fasting for rain all summer. We didn't get much of it then, but we sure have gotten a lot these past few days. In fact, it's raining right now. The thought came to me that the Lord DOES hear and answer our prayers. Not always right away, but answers do come. So even though we are still struggling with two houses right now, I know that the Lord does hear my prayers and that they WILL be answered. We have never missed a meal, my children have clothes on their body everyday, we have two reliable cars, and a very nice roof over our heads. I need to remember more the blessings that I DO have, and trust that the others will happen when the time is right. I am thankful for this realization that the rain brought to me!
Well, Abby is home sick from school today--a fever and a cold--so I need to check on her and try to get her to eat something. If you think of it, please say a little prayer for us and our house in Florida. As my mom always tells me, "The squeaky wheel gets the oil...."

1 comments:

Laine said...

Shelby is adorable in her glasses! She looks so grown up. You are in teh middle of a long, hard trial Jenn, and you are right, your prayers will be answered, in His time. You are proving your faithing and standing the test of time. Hang in there. I'll send another prayer up for you all right now. Love you.