Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Emily's Birthday

It's been a busy few days, so I am finally getting around to posting these. Emily had a great birthday! She got an early morning phone call from Grandma and Papa before school and calls from Uncle Ryan, Uncle Randy, Aunt Rachel, and the boys (Alyssa's not old enough to say "Happy Birthday" yet). :) She loved getting those phone calls!

Travis and I went to school and had lunch with her, and then I went back later to take cookies and juice into her class. Everyone in class sang to her, and she got a special treat from her teacher, Ms. Love.

After school, Travis picked her up in the big Ewing delivery truck, which she thought was AWESOME!

We took her to Applebee's for dinner where she had a steak and all of the servers there also came over to sing their version of "Happy Birthday" to her. She loved every minute of it! Then it was home for presents and cake, then showers and off to bed.

A busy day, but I think it was a Happy Birthday for Emily!


new backpack from grandma and papa

"Keep Your Paws Off" journal from Selby and Abby

super soft blanket from Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell

test messengers from mom and dad

Chocolate cake--YUMMY!

make a wish

soooooo good!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

what a fun day! what are those test messenger things??? i have so much to learn!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda and Dave Browne said...

Yum! I looked at all your posts and then came back to make comments...this is where I should have put the chocolate cake comment...and yes, I'm STILL salivating. That looked like a piece of edible heaven!

Happy Birthday Emily!

Danielle said...

Did you make that cake? It is beautiful. And looks yummy too! Birthdays are so fun - when you're young!!