Tuesday Shelby got her new band instrument. She had been so excited about this since the end of last year when they got to pick the instrument they wanted to play. We met at the school to do paperwork and get pricing information last May, so she has waited for this a long time. Of course, being my daughter, she chose the most expensive instrument to play. Hopefully this will be a good investment and will bring her a lot of happiness over the next serveral years. (If not, tough--with what we're paying for this thing, she's gonna do it no matter what!) :)
here she is showing us how she is supposed to open the case
(Well, blogger won't let me upload the video right now...I'll try again tomorrow.)



5 comments:
I told my girls they would be playing clarinet and trumpet solos at every event in their lives! It lasted 2 years with Lilly and 1 with Emma! They were both good and I hated to see them quit band but they wanted to try middle school chorus and I wouldn't let them do both! Atleast they know the basics! More joys of having kids!
How fun! Stef picked the violin and she was actually quite good at it! It's so much fun (and anxiety) as they begin to learn! This will be a great experience for her! Go Shelby!!
My parents bought me a very nice wood clarinet my junior year of HS. My plan was to play it in college but I got a scholarship to play in a Jazz band instead and switched to the tenor sax. I hated that my clarinet didn't get used...but I am hoping my children will want to play it....but i dont' think I will let them use the nice one until they show responsibility! that is too expensive for the awkward middle school phase!!
She looks like a natural!
How fun Jenn!!! I can't wait to see the video.
how fun. I'll bet she'll be good. she already looks like a pro!
Post a Comment