This year's Relay for Life was held at the high school track last Friday night. Our ward had a great turnout, and it felt really good to help support such a worthwhile cause! The overall theme this year was "Fairy Tales" and our Young Women were in charge of selecting the specific theme of our tent and decorating it. They chose Alice in Wonderland, and our slogan was, "We're Late, We're Late for a very important date...the cure for cancer." I think it turned out pretty cute. All of us in Young Women helped make all of the decorations--there's the rabbit, Alice, the Cheshire cat, and playing cards. It was fun to do, but I'm glad we don't have to do it again till next year!

One "team" chose a pirate theme, and sold tickets to play games and jump in the bounce house. Here is Emily in her pirate hat.
Emily and Abby enjoying the BBQ dinner--hamburgers and hot dogs!Shelby was there, too, but was spending the night with a friend, so she wasn't around us that much.

In Memory Luminaries: Rudolph B. Rosier (my grandpa), Helaine P. Forman (my great-grandmother), and Henry W. Dun (my great-grandfather...I think)



Horsing around with the missionaries:

In Memory Luminaries: Rudolph B. Rosier (my grandpa), Helaine P. Forman (my great-grandmother), and Henry W. Dun (my great-grandfather...I think)



Horsing around with the missionaries:
Emily and Elder Nelson
Abby and Elder Johanson
Abby and Elder Hartley
During the memorial--the lit luminaries and torches were so beautiful



0 comments:
Post a Comment