Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mormons and the FLDS

There has been a lot in the news lately about the "Fundamentalist Mormons" and all the trouble they are facing (and rightfully so) in Texas. Since I know that some of you who read this blog are not members of my faith (I am a Mormon), I wanted to try to clear up confusions.

I found this wonderful post on another blog that really helps to clarify the differences. The blog post is titled: Mormons and Fundamentalist Mormons--Not Even Kissing Cousins. If you have the time and are so inclined, I would invite you to read it. (Click on the title for the link.)

There is also a link on the right hand side of my blog to the official website of my church. Feel free to check that out as well. Let me know what you think...

2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

This is a great blog post. Too bad it won't likely be seen by anyone who really needs to see it, but at least she has given me lots of info to spout. However, since my little tizzy fit in the lunchroom with my new colleagues, no one has even broached the subject! :-)

Wow! And, you have been busy posting! Great job!! Your girls are truly adorable!

Stef said...

I love this post. it's great that people see it and they need to see it. It's very true that we LDS get pointed at and blamed for many things we don't even approve of yes somehow we are blamed to practice!