Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Providence Canyon

A few weeks ago (yeah!!! I'm almost caught up!!!) we took a day trip up to Providence Canyon State Park. I hadn't been there since I was in the 6th grade, and I was eager to go back. We were excited for a day away to do some hiking and grilling, but only one of those two worked out.

It had been in the 80s all week, so I insisted that everyone wear shorts because I didn't want to hear any complaining on the hike that anyone was "too hot." When we got to the canyon, though, the temperature there was only in the low to mid-40s!!! It was only about 2 hours away (northwest of Thomasville), and I couldn't get over the temperature difference!

Fortunately, dad has that "be prepared" mentality and so we pulled blankets and jackets out of the back of the car to cuddle up with. We did have a good grilled lunch, but we'll have to go back for the hike another day!



such beautiful views...even with the fog!




2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Looks like a beautiful place that we need to explore! Too bad it was cold. The funny part of all of this is that I kind of think that Providence Canyon must be one giant sinkhole. The new sinkhole in our neighborhood has been growing and the one behind our house is enormous (but it's old).

Wow! You have been a busy girl with all of your posts! Whew--I know how much effort that takes! But, I'm so glady you are "back"---I've missed you!

Laine said...

I can't get over that CUTE picture of your family Jenn! I love that you are all in hats....it's AWESOME!!!