Okay, I've been a bit of a blogging slacker lately. This is the girls last week of summer vacation and I guess I just want to take time to enjoy it. But it's raining right now and everyone is just vegging out, so I thought I'd try to get some new posts up. We'll see how many I can squeeze in...
Last week, Abby and Emily decided that they wanted to "raise money for charity" (their exact words). So, they both cleaned out their rooms--hurray!--and put everything into the hallway to try to "sell" it. It was very cute of them and it kept them busy and, more important, HAPPILY playing together for quite a while.
Shelby and I both came and "bought" things. They had a store sign that said everything was 25 cents. Quite a bargain. When we were in Naples this past weekend, they mentioned what they did to their great-grandma and she gave them each a dollar for their charity.
We talked it over and they are going to give the money to St. Jude's--from what I've read that charity actually makes sure that the money gets to where it can really help people.
I'm not sure how they came up with this idea, but I was proud of them for wanting to help others. Oh...and for cleaning out their rooms, too (although lots of this stuff ended up back in their bedrooms, at least it's put away)!!!
TOGETHER... We make a FAMILY...
7 years ago



4 comments:
I love that too! Twice a year the girls go through their rooms (clothes, toys, etc - and you know how much "etc" girls can have!) and we take it either to the local shelter or to a family we know is in need. That's a great way to kill two birds with one stone!
So sweet.
Very cool! I love their thoughtfulness!
how cute!
Post a Comment