As my visiting teacher was leaving this morning, she came back to the door to tell me that I had a snake outside. I called right over to mom and dad's to get some help. Dad wasn't home, so mom came over with her shovel and did it herself. It looked like a black snake, but when Travis called and I told him about it, he asked if it had a white belly. It did. He said that it was probably a water moccasin. Black snakes are black all the way around, and moccasins are black all around except on their bellies where they are white. I'm glad I didn't know that at the time! (As far as I'm concerned, the only good snake around my house is a dead one--sorry Stef!)
TOGETHER... We make a FAMILY...
7 years ago



5 comments:
Go Sally!!! :)
I need a "Sally" here with Rodney being gone! Lilly will kill insects but that's where it ends!
She is definitely a brave woman. I don't share the same affinity to snakes as my daughter. :-)
Oh--and true confessions....the fig jam was mixed with strawberry jello. It's still yummy, but not authentic. That was the first time I made fig jam, and that was the only recipe I had! :-)
Water moccasins aren't allowed at my house either. Only non poisoness ones and as long as they stay out of my house. :)
Post a Comment